Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interns will be involved in many aspects of Product Development and product testing that includes current and new Crayola product lines.
- Products could include crayons, markers, pencils, paints, modeling compounds and various other Crayola products, along with novel technologies new to Crayola.
- Initial and ongoing training of product testing procedures and relevant lab tasks (i.e. assembling markers for testing) will be provided by multiple R&D personnel.
- Interns may be directly involved in the ground up development of Crayola products that are based on different and novel technologies.
- Ability to provide assistance to R&D Scientists with new and current product testing.
- Ability to provide assistance in the development of new formulations (lab bench formulation work), new technologies and processes.
- Some testing may include, but is not limited to, leak testing and write-out testing on markers; performance characteristics of marker delivery systems; washability testing on inks, paints and other washable products; oven stability testing on a variety of products along with a variety of other physical and performance testing.
- Ability to work independently after receiving direction from Sr. Scientists and other R&D personnel.
- Document and maintain testing data and observations in lab notebooks.
- Independently set-up and conduct experiments as needed for new product qualification.
- Capable of gathering data from product testing and analyzing results.
- Ability to provide short reports and project summaries to supervisor as needed.
- Ability to interpret and communicate test results verbally, and in Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint documents.
- Ability to independently seek out specific R&D personnel for answers to questions on product development issues and guidance on certain testing.
- May participate in a Technology Sharing event with Marketing and other development groups within Crayola to communicate new ideas, concepts and technologies.
- Must be organized and have the flexibility and willingness to multi-task on various projects simultaneously and change direction quickly from one project to the next as business needs dictate.
- Ability to navigate the online Crayola Spec system and input or change formulas within this system (training will be provided). Co-ops will also be asked to input project data into Crayola's online Electronic Notebook.
- Chemistry, Material Science, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other Science related major.
- Familiarity with lab practices and previous work in a lab environment a plus.
- Must have access to a motor vehicle to drive to and from the R&D facility and to other nearby Crayola facilities as needed (within 10 miles, one way).
- Kid Inspired Culture
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential for all Full-Time Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for Eligible Employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and services - automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Diversity & Inclusion at Crayola
We will cultivate diversity and create a culture of inclusion for our collective brands - one that grows through sustained action, demonstrates care for every life experience, inspires new products and content, and builds a sense of belonging in which every employee is able to be their very best. Learn more about Crayola's Diversity and Inclusion strategy: https://www.crayola.com/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.aspx
Green is our favorite color!
Crayola cares about the environment and responsibly makes the products you love. Learn more about Crayola's creative solutions for greener tomorrows: https://www.crayola.com/about-us/sustainability.aspx
We offer competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the potential for advancement through the use of creative abilities. No phone calls please.
Search Firm Representatives - Please Read Carefully:
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crayola LLC via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Crayola LLC in any form without valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Crayola LLC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crayola LLC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Crayola LLC, and we value the partnerships we have built with our vendors. For this reason, Crayola LLC has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by Human Resources at Crayola LLC in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.