SHIFTNo Shift ($0) (United States of America)
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
The IT Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of the IT strategy across Orchid's global locations. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The IT Director reports to the CFO, directly leads the Manager of IT Network & Infrastructure, Manager of Business Intelligence, and IT Specialists working in the areas of software applications, and ERP.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Analyzes the complex business needs to lead, develop, and implement IT initiatives that enable Orchid to achieve corporate strategic objectives.
- Translates the strategy and goals of the company into IT systems and procedures, articulating the link between IT initiatives and the strategy and goals of the company to stakeholders including the executive team, board members, team members, and Orchid employees.
- Leads the development of our infrastructure and application systems to ensure that business processes are supported now and for the future.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration on IT initiatives between the IT team and key stakeholders like HR, Finance, Sales & Marketing, and Operations.
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure governance, consistency in standards, and ability to leverage common systems and tools.
- Establish and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for IT performance relative to cost, value creation, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Optimizes our return-on-investment for IT initiatives.
- Protects the company and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
- Cooperates with functional stakeholders to conceptualize, develop, and launch technology-based products andservices.
- Drives continuous improvement of our infrastructure and software applications.
- Leads the selection, operation, and continual support of our infrastructure.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of team members.
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT function at executive leadership team meetings as applicable.
- Leads and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Ensures team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Supports quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S) (Required)
- 15+ Years of Experience in an IT Function (Required)
- 5+ Years of Experience Growing a Business: Profit Center, Cost Center, or Program Management (Required)
- Demonstrated Results in Developing Talent, Organizational Strategies, and Management Systems in a High Revenue Growth Environment (Preferred)
- Experience architecting integrated enterprise business systems (Required)
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred)
- Experience leading teams of 3+ within an IT function (Required)
- Experience with ERP System Implementation (Preferred)
- Experience working a multi-site manufacturing environment (Preferred)
- Exposure to integrated business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting (Preferred)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
- Application Delivery Process - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Application Development Consulting - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Change Leadership - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Communicating Complex Concepts - Extensive Experience
- Communication - Extensive Experience
- Computer Knowledge - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Subject-Matter Expertise
- IT Standards, Procedures, & Policies - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Problem Solving - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Software Development - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Source Control Management - Extensive Experience
- Strategic Planning - Extensive Experience
- System and Technology Integration - Subject-Matter Expertise
- System Development Life Cycle - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Team Management and Team Building - Extensive Experience
- Technology adaptability - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Technology Development - Subject-Matter Expertise
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position - Frequently
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with others - Frequently
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets