Our climate controlled 31,000 square foot facility in Chelsea, MI specializes in medical grade plastics machining and injection molding. A career with Orchid provides growth opportunities, a great benefits package including performance bonuses, insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and schedule flexibility. For more information, view our .
This is a contingent worker temporary position. If you are selected for this position, you will be employed through an agency, not directly though Orchid. However, you may be eligible for conversion to an employee position after only a few months in this role.
SHIFTCHE - Shift 1 ($0) (United States of America - Michigan)
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
The Machine Operator, Injection Molding, operates or tends to plastic injection molding machines to produce parts. The Machine Operator, Injection Molding reports to the Manager, Operations.
Our climate controlled 31,000 square foot facility in Chelsea, MI specializes in medical grade plastics machining and injection molding. Orchid offers a positive working environment and flexible scheduling.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily maintenance sheets.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Completes all required training.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers, customers, and the community.
- High School Or Equivalent (Preferred)
- 1+ Years of Experience Operating Machining Equipment in a Manufacturing Environment (Preferred)
- Lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Must be able to move about the inside of the building - Frequently
- Must be able to move equipment around the building - Occasionally
- Must be able to position oneself and move under/around/over equipment - Frequently
- Must be able to handle/adjust/inspect/position various items and equipment - Frequently
- Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive handling/adjusting/inspecting/positioning of items and equipment - Constantly
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Machining Trade School ()
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Blueprint Reading - Working Experience
- Data Entry - Working Experience
- GD&T - Working Experience
- Handwriting - Basic Knowledge
- Information Processing - Basic Knowledge
- Machine Set Up - Working Experience
- Mathematical Ability - Basic Knowledge
- Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Quality Inspection Metrology Tools - Working Experience
- Visual Quality Assurance - Working Experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
EOE, including disability/vets