Our climate controlled 31,000 square foot facility in Chelsea, MI specializes in medical grade plastics machining and injection molding. A career with Orchid provides growth opportunities, a great benefits package including performance bonuses, insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and schedule flexibility. For more information, view our .
SHIFTCHE - Shift 3 (12.5%) (United States of America - Michigan)
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
The CNC Set Up Machinist position contributes to the production of medical devices by operating and performing basic set ups of CNC 3, 4, and 5 Axis machines, with the ability to identify X, Y, Z and 0 coordinates. He/she is responsible for running multiple and varying CNC machines simultaneously, such as Lathes, Mills, and CMM machines in addition to operating manual machine tools to cut, drill, shape, and finish quality products with minimal or no supervision. Experience in CNC machining across multi-axis or multiple CNC machines, in a manufacturing. work environment required.
Our climate controlled 31,000 square foot facility in Chelsea, MI specializes in medical grade plastics machining and injection molding. We offer a positive working environment and flexible schedules.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Performs set up of 3 & 4 Axis CNC machines
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily maintenance sheets.
- Makes off sets and adjustments to machines with minimal supervision.
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers, customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Completes all required training.
- High School Or Equivalent (Required)
- 2+ Years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment (Required)
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred)
- Lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position - Occasionally
- Must be able to move about the inside of the building - Occasionally
- Must be able to move equipment around the building - Occasionally
- Must be able to position oneself and move under/around/over equipment - Occasionally
- Must be able to handle/adjust/inspect/position various items and equipment - Frequently
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with others - Frequently
- Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive handling/adjusting/inspecting/positioning of items and equipment - Frequently
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Machining Trade School (Preferred)
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Blueprint Reading - Extensive Experience
- Communication - Working Experience
- Data Entry - Working Experience
- GD&T - Extensive Experience
- Handwriting - Basic Knowledge
- Information Processing - Basic Knowledge
- Machine Set Up - Extensive Experience
- Mathematical Ability - Basic Knowledge
- Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Quality Inspection Metrology Tools - Working Experience
- Visual Quality Assurance - Working Experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets